Monday, May 23, 2005

He's Playing Basketball

Its the playoffs and my favorite teams arent playing so a couple of weeks back I began my return to the playground to play my pastime LIVE. I took a few shots and immediately I realize how poor my shooting skills have become. I havent taken a ball and shoot it in over five years and look where it has put me.

So I was playing with my sister on a game of 'Eleven' and then a shooting match 'round the world' and I reagained some of my shooting abilities. I must say however that the playground is the best place to learn how to shoot. That hoop is about regulation height without a net and that backboard just seems to not bounce the ball back too well. I had to make some adjustments to my game just to get the ball in the hopes of getting a score.

Last Saturday, Dot and I went to her cousins house and played a pick up game of Eleven and did okay. We didnt win of course but it gave me the push to keep playing and continue my progress in playing the game that I loved so much when I was younger. So today, I seached for that ball that Dot and I bought 3 years ago at Kaybee which was never used and still in its original packaging. I ripped the contents out of the box and noticed that it was a bit deflated. Its sitting right next to me now. I am getting ready to go out and look for a pin to inflate my orange friend and dribble him at the court for an hour or two.

While I am out heres a link on how to play. Read up on it and meet me at the playground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home